Chief Operating Officer
Stellar Frontiers is recruiting for an experienced COO with a passion for space.
This new hire will own and manage the development of a new Space Mission Management company specialising in Human Spaceflight, Payload delivery and Astronaut Training. The role with cover everything from the launch of the business to fundraising and ongoing growth management. This role requires senior or director level experience working alongside business owners and investors.
- Full ownership of an exciting start-up enterprise with multiple verticals.
- Working closely with founder, stake holders and industry individuals to build and execute on a business plan and strategy.
- Building a B2C Human Spaceflight business alongside a B2B Payload delivery business.
- Recruiting and managing a fast moving, young, dynamic, and highly motivated team.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with launch providers.
- Business planning: assist in creating a robust and ambitious business plan for a new Space Mission Management Company.
- Business Management: manage an exciting strategic project with multiple business facets from start to launch, ensuring that each detail is thought through to build a successful organisation.
- Company finances: work with stakeholders, oversee all fundraising, forecasting and budgets to ensure all aspects are covered including P&L management.
- Management: report to stakeholders and be prepared to manage a growing team. Ensure high standards of client and launch provider management.
- Business Development: identify and execute on commercial opportunities
- Logical thinker with good commercial mind-set
- Good problem solver and solution provider
- Strong numerical skills in order to overseas all financial aspects
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Team player who can also work autonomously
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent planning and time management, with exceptional attention to detail
- At least 5 years’ experience in a senior leadership role
- Previous strategic management experience
- Previous financial responsibility at company P&L level
- Start-up fundraising
- Space industry experience
- Degree (or equivalent)
- Languages (desirable)
What we are offering:
- Opportunity to run your own business
- Opportunity to shape the future of Space travel
- Competitive salary
- Target-based bonus
- Travel opportunities
To apply, please email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a detailed cover letter.